Here is a checklist we made for a client to capture how to combine inbound marketing tactics to get the best attendance and leads from putting on a series of webinars. This checklist complements a Webinar Campaign Countdown Timeline that we'll publish separately.
Tactics to get best value from putting on a webinar
Tailor the following depending on whether you want a very specific or broad audience:
- Feature a customer if possible.
- Search optimized landing page.
- Search optimized press release.
- Compelling email invitation and reminder.
- Call by account managers to "most-wanted" attendees.
- List all webinars on the Events page of the company website. Include "register now" buttons.
- Run an opt-in mailing list for anyone interested in these type of events. An email goes out every two weeks with all upcoming Webinars.
- Blog about upcoming Webinars. Profile the speakers, preview the content, and include the 'register today' call to action.
- Promote the webinar series on your Facebook page. Consider offering something special for anyone who becomes a “fan” -- but take care as this can come across wrong and backfire.
- Promote through Twitter.
- Promote within a few LinkedIn groups. Follow each group's rules for such promotional items. Post to each individually with a tie-in to make sure the info is relevant to group members.
- Brainstorm at least 3 questions. Plant questions in audience if needed.
- Prepare the webinar follow-up email to go out right after webinar wrap-up; include a value-add or related offer and send to both attendees and no-shows.
NOTE: If possible, create a tracking URL for each marketing channel. That way you can better track where you’re having the most success.
Comments? Question? Chime in.